Ridgeview Middle School Frequently Asked Attendance Questions

Q:  How do I report my child’s absence
A:  There are a few options to report an absence.

  1. You can go to our school website at and use the “Report an Absence” link at the bottom of the home page.
  2. Send a note with your child when they return to school. Students that are absent for 5 consecutive school days (due to illness) must have a doctor note when they return.

Q:  How do I get make up work for my child?
A:  You will need to email each teacher.  Some may have work online and others may have work that can be picked up.

Q:  Can I turn in a parent note for my child’s medical appointment?
A:  No.  Per district policy, all medical appointments must be supported by a note from the facility where your child was seen.

Q:  How soon do notes need to be turned in?
A:  Per district policy, all notes must be received within 48 hours (2 school days) following the date of the absence.

Q:  How do I get an error corrected on my child’s attendance record?
A:  Contact the teacher regarding the error.  The teacher will inform the attendance office to make the correction.

Q:  What if I don’t know the teacher’s name?
A:  Contact the attendance office.  They will be able to help you contact the teacher.